|Sneak Preview at the March Specials
LeAssurance, LeBenediction, LeLivN,
Gingergrass, Lemon, Ravensara
|BBL Herb Pack Sale
Save 10% through March
Step by Step Video Instructions on YouTube
Making Herbal Salves
"Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair,
but manifestations of strength and resolution." "
~Kahlil Gibra (1883-1931)
Tamanu oil is extracted from the kernel of the fruit from the tamanu tree which is native to the Polynesian islands, Sri Lanka and the South Pacific. Tamanu is a fixed oil, making it great for topical application as a carrier oil. It helps with healing and protecting the skin, acts as an anti-inflammatory, an antibiotic and also an antimicrobial agent. It has antineuralic properties as well. Although tamanu oil is thick and dark in color, applied to the skin it is readily absorbed into the skin without leaving any oil residue.
Save 10% through March
THE ENERGY SYSTEM ? PROVEN THROUGH SCIENTIFIC METHODS
The following information is excerpted from LaRee Westover?s Chrysalis class. It is the first in a series of articles we will be running in an effort to relay some valuable information regarding the energy system, how it works and what we can do to improve it. Science and the Energy System
In Level One of the course, we discussed some of the difficulties that researchers have getting their work to the attention of the scientific community as a whole and to the public (instead of just within their own fields). We also mentioned research into a hi-speed energy communication system within living beings that is the basis for much research and discussion right now.
The following few pages are an attempt to bring the results of studies conducted by several different research groups, working independently, together into a cohesive and coherent whole. The scientific community has published some interesting data about how communication occurs in the human body. Credit for much of this information is given to the many scientists and researchers that have made these discoveries over the years and to James Oschman, PhD, and others for compiling their research and attempting to explain it in easier to understand ways.
An attempt will be made here to tie the work of various research groups together as much as is possible with what is known (or what I have come across at this time). I will also try to draw some conclusions as to what this all means to those of us trying to learn to do energy work and who are working with energy modalities such as foot-zoning, cranio-sacral, homeopathic remedies and essential oils.
There is a high-speed communication system functioning in living organisms that cannot be explained, or even accomplished, by the nervous system. The workings of neurons and synapses are just too slow to account for some aspects of the behavior of living organisms.
The following information - numbers 1 through 10 - are conclusions formed by various research groups around the world which have contributed to the current understanding of the nature of this high-speed communication system.
1) Water is an essential part of the high-speed communication circuitry. Without water, and its hydrogen bonds, the components of DNA and all other proteins would be so unstable they would simply fly apart. Water also plays a prime role in the conduction of electrical impulses. If our cells are not sufficiently hydrated they cannot be healthy enough to perform their individual functions properly and the electrical impulses that make our body systems work do not function properly, if at all.
2) Integrins exist There are proteins which exist partially inside and partially outside the outer membranes of cells. In other words, these proteins are poking through the cell wall, existing both inside and outside and in the connective spaces in between. This important fact is the result of fairly recent research and was not previously known by science. This research, and the conclusions drawn from it, are only now beginning to make their way into the textbooks used in medical schools and colleges.
These proteins are called integrins. Additional research projects have proven that these proteins are absolutely vital to life and health, even though they weren?t even know to exist until recently. It is now understood that these proteins are key links in a system-wide communication network that operates cell to cell with no involvement from hormones or the nervous system.
3) Fascias and the Chinese energy philosophy Tiny threads running through layers of connective tissue, called fascia, are observed with new technology. Alternative communities point out, when this research becomes known in their circles, that there is reference to these filaments in ancient Chinese texts. (With what did the ancient Chinese scholars observe these minute filaments? That is unknown.) These filaments conduct electricity and the conclusion is drawn by some scientists that the fascia network may, with the integrins, correspond to the acupuncture meridian system of traditional Chinese medicine.
It is speculated that this meridian system forms a large part of the high-speed communication system the scientific communities have just discovered and are trying to understand. (Interesting. The Chinese documented this system approximately 2000 years ago and it is part of their traditional mainstream medical philosophy. Perhaps science should also study what the Chinese have to say about this and other subjects.)
Chinese energy philosophy and the work of early energy system pioneers has now been validated by science. The energy system that some have always believed existed has been given a tangible form and is gaining credibility in scientific communities.
4) Medical evidence of acupuncture points A medical school in California documented the return of electrical impulses to the visual cortex of the brain when acupuncture needles are applied to points on the side of the foot. This is (more) long-awaited scientific proof for an ancient healing modality that science has previously considered to defy all logic and common sense and is, perhaps, another reason to take Chinese healing philosophies more seriously.
Further research shows definitively that the stimulus to the feet reaches the brain far too quickly to be explained by nerve conduction, giving us yet another proof of the existence of a high-speed, non-nervous system based communication system within the body. (Foot Zone Therapy?)
5) Visualization Teams of Olympic athletes and neuro-physiologists discover that planning a pattern of movements in the mind sets up a corresponding pattern of electrical impulses in the nervous system, even though no actual movements have been made. The theory becomes that these mental rehearsals set up neural networks that can be utilized during the actual performance of the tasks. This is not a new theory; it is only the acceptable scientific research to back up the theory that is recent.
6) Movement in Ritual or Meditative States A flip side of the above phenomenon (6) is research showing that the normal electrical activity of nerve-muscle connections ceases when dancers or athletes enter a trance state. The dancers are still moving, the muscle groups are active and activated, but nerve impulses to the muscles have slowed or ceased. Some other communication system must be in play in those muscles at that time or there would be no movement going on at all!
Other research documents the lowering of heart rate and blood pressure during vigorous ritual, cultural dance sequences. This research leads a dance instructor to use primal movements, sounds, and breathing patterns from primitive Haitan dances to gradually return movement to spinal cord injury victims. This research, and practical application, is absolutely amazing!
7) Cilia and Flagella Research shows that protozoa, which appear to have no nervous system of any type, can sense and move away from harm using their cilia and flagella. Cilia are part of all sensory cells in humans and animals but it has always been believed that the cilia were nothing more than surface, housekeeping cells and not part of the nervous system sensory apparatus. This research leads to speculation that sensory/movement capabilities exist in all cells of all living things independent of nervous system activity and that somehow (energy? electrically?) all cells have their own detection and sensation systems.
8) General systems theory (holistic) Two PhD students came to the conclusion, and then published their thoughts and theories, that the development of organisms and the accomplishment of complex living processes cannot be understood or explained by observing the parts and pieces in isolation. All I can say to this is?DUH! Country doctors in the 1800?s understood that every body system was impacted by every other body system and by the person?s mental and emotional state. Every energy worker around the world knows that they are working with something other than the nervous system when changes are made rapidly and system-wide (on more than one organ system at the same time in, literally, moments).
9) Electrical voltage and light emitted by cells Enormous voltage outputs have been measured across the membranes of living cells (estimated at millions of volts per meter). This incredible voltage is the result of the vibration of the cells and results in the emission of a laser-like light. It is suspected (research is ongoing) that these light emissions have a part in the regulation of most, if not all, living processes. Surprisingly, this light creating voltage produces only a minimum amount of heat?the heat of normal body temperatures. Producing energy and light without producing vast amounts of heat violates long-held canons of the old physics still taught in most textbooks.
10) Soliton waves A Ukrainian biophysicist develops the soliton or solitary wave. This is a laser-like wave that carries energy and information through a fiber-optic coil the equivalent distance of 4500 times around the earth without the energy diffusing, dissipating, or creating heat. Research shows that the introduction of soliton waves to the protein lattice in a muscle will directly initiate muscle contractions and suggests that the light produced by the normal vibration of cells may act as soliton waves in the body. This light is believed to play a vital role in muscular reactions to danger and stress. Theories abound as to how this fits in to other high-speed communication within the human body.
Research is ongoing in an attempt to use these waves to explain the sensation athletes and performers have during spectacularly beautiful and accurate performances that time has ?slowed down.? At such times rational thought is replaced by something far more high-speed and highly efficient. This same sensation has been experienced by many others in life-threatening or crisis situations. I have experienced it more than once at births or when there has been a life-threatening accident. Of course, it isn?t so much that time slows down as that our entire system, brain, muscles, nerves, wits, and intelligence respond more quickly and are more coordinated. Even the connection to the inspiration of heaven is clearer at these times.
Performers, athletes, and crisis management teams all agree that if they start to think about the process they are experiencing, they lose their focus, returning to the normal functioning of mind and body. This super state of mind is lost.
These bits and pieces, seen together, finally result in the documentation and understanding (still a very partial and rudimentary understanding) of the high-speed communication system within the body that has always existed. Modern science has coined a term for this ?new? body system. They are calling it the tissue-tensegrity matrix system or just the living matrix for simplicity.
The Chinese identified the workings of this system long ago and have employed it in successful health care procedures for these many intervening years. Modern equipment and research methods are finally providing the world with a plethora of scientific research and data to support traditional Chinese theory.
All of this research, as fascinating and cutting edge as it might be, is just scientific journal articles until people?therapists, healers, and lay people?find ways to utilize this living matrix system to heal bodies and souls and to bless lives. The wide range of therapeutic modalities termed alternative and holistic by mainstream science and medicine has now been given scientific evidence of a tangible system of electrical, magnetic, and energetic communication within the human body. We have been given a little more light and knowledge to learn to use adequately and wisely for good.
INGREDIENTS: cistus, jasmine, osmanthus
AFFINITY FOR: hormone balance, urinary tract, lymphatic system, respiratory system, nervous system, immune system, skin, nerves, heart & crown chakras, triple warmer meridian, kidney meridian, solar plexus chakra, balances yin and yang
RESONANCE: physical, emotional, spiritual
APPLICATION: Diffuse or wear on the body.
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Osmanthus and jasmine are members of the same exotic family and are used, in the perfume industry, in only the most costly and extraordinary of fragrances. These essential oils are among the most expensive and desirable of fragrances. They are multi-faceted and multi-dimensional, impacting the senses and the energy one layer after another. Jasmine is very concentrated, heady, and sensual, and reaches the core of the feminine where it magnifies qualities of strength and courage.
In LeCherish, the intense aroma of the jasmine is moderated by osmanthus and cistus making this blend both delightful and powerful.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Since so many of our physical ailments, especially the chronic ones, are driven by our emotions, high frequency blends such as LeCherish impact the physical body on every level. LeCherish is an excellent blend for use in skin care because it promotes elasticity and tone in the tissues.
Jasmine is used during childbirth to improve elasticity, strengthen the contractions and, at the same time, ease the intensity of the pain. Some women find the aroma of jasmine too intense at this time. I believe LeCherish is going to prove itself in these situations.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: LeCherish is of equal value to both men and women as it helps us develop and emphasize inner courage, strength of character, and clarity of purpose, while at the same time, filling our souls with greater reserves of sensitivity and compassion. The aroma of this blend encourages us to set our feet on a path that will help us reach a higher plateau.
A very special aspect of LeCherish is utilized as this high frequency blend helps us rebuild our emotional balance and gain perspective in the aftermath of quarrels, traumatic events, the loss of a loved one, or the loss of a cherished hope or dream. This intense blend requires the use of only a drop or two at a time.
INGREDIENTS: cedarwood, orange sweet, ylang ylang
AFFINITY FOR: throat chakra, immune system (use faithfully during the cough and cold season)
RESONANCE: physical, emotional
APPLICATION: This blend can be diffused, placed on the pillow at night, or applied, diluted, to sinus areas any time.
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: LeGoodNite can be diffused in the home during the evening to promote restful sleep.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: Part of the reason that LeGoodNite promotes restful sleep is because it encourages feelings of peace. We feel assurance that all will be well in our world even though we are sleeping and not actively watching over it. LeGoodNite seems to help us process, painlessly, deep emotions during our sleep. In the morning we will be able to express our deep feelings about these emotions clearly and without the usual stress.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: LeGoodNite is effective for insomnia and snoring, and soothes inflamed or swollen nasal and sinus passages while promoting deep and restful sleep.
INGREDIENTS: chamomile Roman, clary sage, frankincense, lavender, vanilla, vetiver, ylang ylang
AFFINITY FOR: nerves, neural pathways, blood, hormones, emotions
RESONANCE: spiritual, emotional, physical, mental
APPLICATION: LeVictory should be applied to the tops and bottom of each big toe and is a good oil for the bath, especially just before bedtime. LeVictory may also be diffused.
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: LeVictory, although it contains a large percentage of vetiver, has a deep, calming, and pleasant aroma which boosts confidence and stabilizes emotions. LeVictory can help in coping with and conquering the effects of emotional traumas and physical injuries and disabilities.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: LeVictory is especially useful for those with ADHD, OCD, autism, or neuroloical disorders. Each step forward when working with learning disabilities or any type of neurological malfunction is a victory and a celebration. The ingredients of LeVictory are so well-balanced and synergistically combined that they act as catalysts for the re-building of nerve tissues, and yet are soothing to the nervous system and the emotions at the same time.
Children with any type of learning or social skills difficulty seem to need physical touch. They have the most sunny dispositions, loving to hug and be hugged. Physically connecting with others helps their energy circuts connect and flow more smoothly. Remember that confidence and emotional stability outweigh, many times over, early acedemic achievement in overall succes in life. An ?I can do it? attitude is the best skill set any of us can possess. LeVictory absolutely shines in the developement of that attitude.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: LeVictory is an excellent oil for children who have a difficult time moving from the left (logical) side of the brain to the right (creative) side of the brain. It helps connect thought patterns and electrical activity across the corpus callosum. This blend is a perfect choice for the child who sometimes has a hard time seperating fantasy and reality. For adults, this blend is very calming and can bring each of us to a place where we can accept what is and who we are without fear of failure or rejection.
LeVictory connects the electrical energies of the brow chakra (linear thinking and analytical ability) with the throat chakra (speech and the expression of emotions). This blend is also useful when there is difficulty crossing the visual and kinesthetic midline or when either silent or vocal speech patterns need strengthening. LeVictory also helps improve concentration skills and attention span.
COMPANION OIL (FOR PARENTS): LeFaith can help you see your child?s potential, avoid discouragement, and aid you in finding ways to bolster your child?s confidence and self-esteem. Changing the school system is probably not possible and supporting your child is more effective anyway.
INGREDIENT IN: LeMillenia, LeNoMore
THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES: anti-catarrhal, antidepressant, antiseptic, expectorant, calming
AFFINITY FOR: respiratory system, skin and wound care, yang energy, large intestine meridian
RESONANCE: physical, emotional, mental, spiritual
PART UTILIZED: resin, wildrafted
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distilled
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Elemi has more of a citrus aroma than does frankincense, but elemi has the distinctive spicy/peppery tone of frankincense. Elemi is often diffused during meditation or energy work sessions to aid in visualizations. Elemi should be diffused in times of stress or mental exhaustion.
APPLICATION: Elemi can be applied to the feet or any part of the body. It makes an excellent addition to massage oils and compresses. Elemi is a good oil to add to the bath.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Elemi is known throughout the world as ?poor man?s frankincense?. It has somewhat similar properties and uses as frankincense. See the section on frankincense for additional uses.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: Elemi lifts the spirits and provides the energy and desire to seek out better things and more uplifting experiences. The aroma of elemi encourages compassion and a desire for going beyond the ordinary in serving others.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Elemi makes a wonderful addition to blends intended for skin care and rejuvenation. Elemi can be used to treat allergic rashes, chapped skin, skin ulcers, and wounds. It is particularly recommended for cuts that have become infected. Elemi has a reputation for being effective in the treatment of gangrene and breast and uterine infections. Elemi has a rebuilding and strengthening effect on respiratory weakness. Elemi may be of use to people who suffer from chronic bronchitis. This essential oil, like frankincense, is recommended for bronchial or sinus infections.
INGREDIENT IN: LeEverlasting, LeHeartSong, LeIntention, LeLiteN, LeMyGraine, LeSego Lily, LeSunburst, LeWakeUp, LeWeightless, LePurify
THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES: tonic, digestive, antiseptic, anti-infective, restorative
AFFINITY FOR: urinary tract, lymphatic system, triple warmer meridian, spleen meridian, heart chakra
RESONANCE: physical, emotional, mental
PART UTILIZED: fruit
EXTRACTION METHOD: cold pressed
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Grapefruit is uplifting to the mind and spirit. It is hard to be negative or anxious in the presence of this oil, because it promotes feelings of joy, confidence, and spontaneity. Grapefruit should be diffused or inhaled for performance stress or to cope with jet lag.
APPLICATION: Grapefruit should be diluted and applied to the feet or to areas of the body needing to release emotions, cellulite, or both.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: Grapefruit is a very joyous and positive essential oil. It can be a ray of bright light guiding us out of darkness and depression. Grapefruit is equally good for mental exhaustion and mental tension. Grapefruit seems to address the emotional issues of self-worth and discontent with one?s body that are so often a part of anorexia and other eating disorders.
The aroma of grapefruit is particularly suited to people who, when tense or under pressure, eat as a means of relieving stress or finding comfort. Often, the driving emotion is frustration because their too high expectations have not been met in some way. If they reacted to their frustration with anger or blame of themselves or others, a layer of guilt is added to the frustration. Grapefruit is used in treatment programs for drug withdrawal and to cope with the after-effects of drinking too many alcoholic beverages.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Grapefruit detoxifies the lymphatic system. This makes it a useful tonic for many body systems. It is specific for water retention and the dissolving of cellulite. Grapefruit aids with gallstones, water retention, and kidney and liver disorders. Grapefruit, diluted in water, can be used as an astringent face wash for acne. Grapefruit can relieve a migraine headache and return the energy system to normal after long jet flights. Grapefruit is one of the best oils for premenstrual water retention and headache.
CAUTIONS: Grapefruit is photo-toxic. It is recommended by some experts that you avoid exposing areas of skin to which grapefruit has been applied to sunlight or UV rays for at least 12 hours.
GENERAL INFORMATION: Lavender is a universal oil that has been shown to balance the body and to work wherever there is a need. It is called ?the grandmother? of essential oils because it cares for and nurtures us through such a variety of physical and emotional stresses. If you don?t know what essential oil to reach for, try lavender.
INGREDIENT IN: LeAgeLess, LeAngel, LeAssurance, LeBalance, LeCandila, LeDelicate, LeDiscernment, LeEverlasting, LeEZ Traveler, LeInner Peace, LeIQ, LeJulia, LeLetting Go, LeMyGraine, LeMillenia, LePurify, LeQuietEssence, LeSimplicity, LeSolitude, LeTranquility, LeTrust, LeTurmoil, LeUnity, LeVictory, LeVision, LeWarmDown, LeWithIn, LeWoman Wise
THERAPEUTIC PROPERTIES: antiseptic, diuretic, expectorant, emmenagogue, antiparasitic
AFFINITY FOR: digestive system, lymphatic system, cardiovascular system, reproductive system, genito-urinary system, immune system, nerves, brain, solar plexus, all heart meridians, base chakra
RESONANCE: physical, mental, emotional, spiritual
PART UTILIZED: flowering tops
EXTRACTION METHOD: steam distilled
AROMATIC CONSIDERATIONS: Lavender can help us move from judgement to kindness and generosity.
APPLICATION: There is probably no wrong way to apply or diffuse lavender.
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: One of the great emotional gifts of lavender is the feeling of total and unchanging support around us. It leaves us with no room for doubt that we are loved and will be supported in life?s challenges and in the process of healing. Lavender promotes faith, even in the hard times. Lavender brings balance between masculine and feminine energy and traits.
Lavender is a gentle, but effective, sedative and nervine. It can bring relief from anxiety, panic, hysteria, emotional and mental fatigue, headaches and migraines, and insomnia.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Lavender can be used for nearly all skin conditions. It can be applied to cuts, sunburns, burns, rashes, dermatitis, eczema, and insect bites. Consistent use of lavender with burns and injuries minimizes scarring. Lavender, usually as part of a blend, is often used to prevent or remedy conditions of dandruff and hair loss. Lavender is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, cytophylactic, and antispasmodic, making it effective for muscle strains and sprains, cramps, and wound healing.
Lavender clears excess waste products from the lymphatic system and is an aid to digestion. Lavender is sometimes all that is needed to prevent or alleviate nausea. Mildly diuretic, lavender can be useful in alleviating edema and premenstrual water retention. Whether the root of the problem is emotional or physical, lavender is often effective in stabilizing both high or low blood pressure and regulating the pulse. Lavender, or blends containing it, is used to lessen pain and promote restful sleep. Lavender is useful for babies with thrush.
CAUTIONS: Lavender is wonderfully calming in small amounts, but can be stimulating if used in too large a quantity or too often. This is especially true with babies and small children.