|Tincture Week June 13th-17th!!!!
June Specials Butterfly Express LLC
Sneak Peek at July Specials
Father's Day Special
Jasmine Sale Save 15%
Sun Kissed Summer Special
Dry Herb Pack and Fixed Oil of the Month
Tomorrow SALE 10ml - 4oz
Cleaning Kit Special
Sneak Preview at the July Specials
LeDelicate, LePaine, LeWakeUp,
Clementine, Helichrysum angustifolia, Lemongrass
Father's Day Special
Our Father's Day Special is great for massage and also for getting tough greasy stuff off of hands
Deeper Rub - These natural Rubs are a combination of essential oils, herbs, and menthol crystals. They are very strong and have an icy hot feel.
LeDeeper contains penetrating, anti-inflammatory oils which aids in relieving pain that is deep in the tissues and nerves. It is useful for sciatica, arthritis, osteoarthritis, the pain of osteoporosis, sprains, and injuries where there is bruising
Millenia Rub - "Chiropractor in a bottle" is a good description of this blend, it realigns physical and electrical structures, as well as balancing meridians, and energizing chakras. LeMillenia maintains the integrity of the connective tissues that wrap, connect, and protect every organ, and balances the moisture and fluid levels in the body. LeMillenia is antispasmodic, analgesic, excellent for bruising, and can be used as a diuretic, an antispasmodic, an expectorant, and a nervine.
Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) Litsea Cubeba (Litsea cubeba) Soap Bar
Orange Sweet - "The emotions of frustration and discouragement block the flow of energy to and from the liver. Any block in energy creates tension. The tension created by blocked energy in the liver results in moodiness, irritability, nausea, headaches, insomnia, and expecting more of ourselves and others than is reasonable.
(Melaleuca viridiflora: also known as quinquenervia)
EMOTIONAL / SPIRITUAL / MENTAL ASPECTS: Jasmine is good for women who want to find and utilize their strength of character and purpose without losing their feminine side. It is appropriate for men who want to find and utilize their strength of character and purpose while developing their sensitivity and caring. Historically and in many religious traditions, jasmine flowers symbolize hope, happiness, and love.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS: Because of its powerful effect on the emotions and hormones, jasmine is often effective for a very long list of physical, mental, and emotional disorders.
Grapefruit White is a very joyous and positive essential oil. It can be a ray of bright light guiding us out of darkness and depression. Grapefruit is equally good for mental exhaustion and mental tension. Grapefruit seems to address the emotional issues of self-worth and discontent with one's body that are so often a part of anorexia and other eating disorders.
The aroma of grapefruit is particularly suited to people who, when tense or under pressure, eat as a means of relieving stress or finding comfort.
You're in pretty good shape for the shape you are in.
LeTomorrow is used in emotional work to bring the focus from the past to a happy anticipation of the potential of the future. LeTomorrow helps one to find calmness and joy in the challenges of everyday living. It is useful during the changing seasons of our lives to help us maintain emotional stability. One of the most pleasing aspects of this essential oil blend is the desire that it creates within us to forgive and love others more unconditionally. I find that this blend helps people leave the past behind while attaining wisdom and acceptance.
So, Why Ferment?
1. Fermented foods and drinks actually increase the good, live, healthy nutrients within the food or drink (probiotics, enzymes, vitamins, minerals). And, with its ability to improve the good bacteria (or flora) in your gut, reduce the bad bacteria, aid digestion and improve immunity - you can't help but wonder why everyone isn't doing it!
2. Fermented foods are an excellent way to make and preserve food. Many foods made at home last only days in the refrigerator but fermented foods last for months - without losing nutrients.
3. Fermented foods are inexpensive! Go to any health food store or health food section of your grocery store and you will probably experience a little sticker shock. Why is healthy food so expensive? Fermented foods are one of the healthiest things you can do for yourself yet costs only a fragment of what healthy foods cost in a store.
How Will I Incorporate Fermented Foods Into My Diet?
The many ways to add fermented foods to your diet are limitless.
1. My family will frequently replace any side dish with fermented veggies. The wonderful flavors add to any meal.
2. Simple unseasoned, homemade sauerkraut is the perfect thing to give someone with a belly ache. Any fermented food will have the good bacteria necessary to assist in most digestive discomfort. Long gone are the antacids and yucky pink medicines in our house. It works better than anything medical or traditional that we've tried, even probiotic pills. Sounds weird, but it's true.
3. Used to be that only my husband liked sauerkraut enough to put it on hot dogs or hamburgers. Now we all do, as long as it's home fermented.
What Is Fermenting?
In simplest terms, Fermenting is a process called lacto-fermentation where natural bacteria feed on the sugars and starches within a food to create lactic acid. That doesn't mean a lot to me... what means a lot to me is...
This process creates powerful probiotics and enzymes, along with other beneficial vitamins and minerals in my foods!
These probiotics and enzymes improve digestion and many of the illnesses pertaining to our digestion. With an estimated 80% of our immune system existing within our digestive system, fermented foods have the power to improve our health overall.
Fermenting Is For Everyone!
Many perceive fermented foods to be odd or unusual, certainly not something normal everyday people do. But fermenting has been a way of life throughout history and still remains a staple in many countries.
Sadly, our modern diets are filled with over-cooked, processed foods. What once was alive and full of nutrients is now depleted and empty, leaving our bodies starving for the quality nutrition that brings about wonderful health.
Instead of individual families or groups maintaining responsibility for the creation of rich, alive with nutrients food - our society mass produces and markets food for a society too busy to want to do it themselves. Our diets are filled with dead, homogenized, pasteurized, processed, over cooked, chemically treated food with barely a good bacteria or enzyme still existing.
No wonder our western society battles a wide range of digestive maladies from chronic heartburn to IBS to colitis to crohns disease. Eating the way we do, our bodies have been depleted and left with few resources to battle illness when it sets in.
When I was growing up my mom believed a big pile of hot, soggy spinach was the healthy option for her family. She had no idea that she had killed off most of the nutrients and all of the enzymes to help us absorb what nutrients were remaining. Now we are more aware of the fact that those dark leafy greens are most nutritious raw and fresh and still full of LIFE.
If you are what you eat - I want to eat LIVING, HEALTHY, FRESH nutrients!
4. We absolutely love putting our spicy cauliflower on pizza! It adds such an incredible zing! Best pizza we've ever had.
5. Our dilly carrots are perfect in a salad and the tangy rhubarb is delicious
6. All our fermented items are delicious enough to snack on any time of the day!