Redmond Clay

Redmond Clay is an all-natural bentonite healing clay that has been used for generations. Geologists tell us Redmond Clay is volcanic ash that was deposited in seawater long ago, where it would develop into a swelling-type sodium bentonite clay. This “clay of a thousand uses” is in its natural state with no additives, chemicals, or preservatives.

Redmond Clay is one of those products that I have used for so many years that I can’t even imagine my life without it. I use Redmond Clay to aid in the elimination of toxins, drugs, and pollutants from the body.

It is most often used as a toxin soak, but I also use it on bites and stings.

We should always make toxin soaks a big part of our routine. A whole-body soak is the most common way, but personally, I prefer just a foot soak. A whole-body soak can sometimes leave you feeling weak, wrung out, and sleepy.

Use 2 tablespoons of Redmond Clay in a tub of hot water and climb in. Soak for at least 20 minutes, keeping the water as hot as you can. Alternatively, place 2 – 3 T. of Clay in a large pan (big enough for your feet) of very hot water. Soak for about 20 minutes, keeping it hot by continually adding hot water as necessary. It is amazing how well pulling the toxins through the feet works. It is just as effective as the whole body soak, much easier, and doesn’t seem to make one feel tired or weak. This can be a wonderful opportunity to add essential oils as well.

To use on bites and stings you simply add enough water to make a thick paste and apply to the bite or sting. You will want to let it completely dry. I like to add Lavender essential oil because it really helps with the itching.